Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) has today announced that, due to strong demand, the Xperia™ Z5 Premium is available from Optus stores across Australia for $0 on the $80 My Plan Plus.
“Sony continues to bring advanced innovation and technology to the smartphone industry, and with the Z5 Premium, Australians can enjoy the best possible viewing experience on the go with its spectacular 4K display,” said John Featherstone, Sony Mobile Communications Head of Business Development for APAC and Market Head for Oceania.
Key product highlights:
* A super-vivid and sharp 4K Display – The best of Sony TV technologies delivered in a smartphone. With a 4K Ultra HD display, this 5.5” smartphone packs in four times the resolution of a Full HD TV for an unrivalled viewing experience.
* Never miss a moment – Sony’s 23MP sensor and Sony’s Alpha camera technology means you can capture moments at a speed of 0.03[iii]
* Stamina – Peace of mind with up to two days battery life thanks to its high capacity 3420 mAh battery
* Water and dust protection[iv] – Caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under a tap? With a rating IP65/68, you need not worry.
* Personalised privacy – Features Sony’s integrated fingerprint sensor that’s intuitively placed on the side of the phone, unlocking your device in a single movement.
* PS4™ Remote Play[v] Compatible – Access your PS4 games on your Xperia Z5 Premium and keep playing in any room of your house over WiFi.
The Xperia Z5 Premium in Black is available from Optus stores. A software upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow is expected to be available for Xperia Z5 Premium units purchased through Optus by the end of the month via an over-the-air or PC update.
Facts about the Xperia Z5:-
For full product specifications, please visit:
[i] 4K smartphone refers to 4K UHD display in combination with 4K video capture, reproduction and sharing (via MHL). Specifications verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX Service as of 1st September 2015. For more information on Strategy Analytics results go to: www.sonymobile.com/testresults
[ii] Battery life has been measured against Sony Mobile Communications AB’s smartphone usage profile, defined in September 2014 to represent the typical smartphone user’s active condition, including but not limited to a range of usage scenarios (calling, texting, web browsing, social networking, game playing, music listening, picture taking, picture browsing, online video watching, video recording and playback).
[iv]Xperia™ Z5 series devices are waterproof and protected against dust as long as you follow a few simple instructions: all ports and attached covers are firmly closed; you can’t take the phone deeper than 1.5m of water or for longer than 30 minutes; and the water should be fresh water. Casual use in chlorinated pools is permitted provided it’s rinsed in fresh water afterwards. No seawater and no salt water pools. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The phone has an Ingress Protection rating of IP65 and IP68. To see what this means and for more information see http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/dm/waterproof.
[v] PS4 System, DUALSHOCK®4, Sony Entertainment Network and high speed internet connection required. Some games may not support this feature.