This Policy applies equally to :
- collection – personal information is only collected to ensure entry to relevant events and subsequent contact by event organisers, exhibitors or arrangement of travel and accommodation; such information will only be collected lawfully and by fair means.
- use and disclosure – information will only be used to ensure entry to events and subsequent contact by the event organisers, exhibitors or organisation of travel and accommodation , unless otherwise requested by the registrant.
- data quality – we will ensure any data collected will be accurate, complete and current.
- data security – we will protect data from misuse, loss or unauthorised use.
- openness – the type of information collected is available to anyone who may be involved.
- access and correction – we encourage personal information to be updated and any information collected to be available to the individual concerned.
- identifiers – no Commonwealth or State identifiers are used as the primary means of identification.
- anonymity – it is impracticable for individuals to remain anonymous to facilitate their entry to events or organisation of travel and accommodation however every attempt will be made to ensure anonymity, where applicable.
- transborder data flows – no information will be transferred internationally unless absolutely necessary for entry to an event in that country or organisation of travel and accommodation.
- sensitive information – sensitive information is not normally collected and it will not be collected unless specifically agreed to by the relevant individual.
Any person wishing to make a complaint regarding the privacy of information should contact the Privacy Officer at the Imaging & Digital Entertainment Association Ltd.